Sunday, June 17, 2007

high bikes!!!


im working (supposedly) in bangalore for almost a year now... lottsa things happended in one year... now i've decided to chronicle all those for the future generations to cherish... when im a billionaire and famous, im sure there wud b tonnes of ppl jus waitin 2 have a glimpse of my blog.... (by then it'd be copyrighted and the infringement would put u back by atleast $20 billion and also help u have a happy n gay time in any one of the high security penitentiaries..im sorry abt that but my publisher is a bastard...)

One year and i wanna say stuff like how much changes it has brot into my life n shit like that... but u guessed right, im not gonna say that...

So yesterday instead of my regular pastime of gettin wasted and passing out wherever i am, i decided to go home... partly becuz my frnds were goin clubbin and his roomie was gettin cosy with his gal frnd... even though the perverse part of me wanted 2 stay there and take active interest in their cuddlin n cooin, my good (or bad) sense prevailed and here i am on the road again...

went 2 adigas and instead of the usual masala dosa and carrot halwa i had just 2 carrot halwas... found a place near a chick from iimb and started gobbling the deliciously sugary and mind numbingly sweet halwas made with carrot milk and lottsa other beautiful things i don't know about... as usual it was heavenly...

my tummy started achin.. (after 14 joints, one chicken biriyani and one beer in a day (i got up at as usual at 730 and started smoking up by 930.. (i luv havin multiple brackets,...its so trippy..(:))..)..)..and it was 9 in the night), i shouldn't be really complainin abt my tummy... i gulped down some water, got out of the restaurent and started crossing the road...

i crossed like half the road and then got on top of the divider. A bike was coming from far and at a great speed... several cars behind that.. with the extra confidence one gets under the influence of highly suspicious substances i got down from the divider...bike was coming really fast. i stared at the bike...the bike put a left indicator showing i can pass and it'l go behind me... but time taken by my mind to assimilate all the information gathered by my senses was (like me) too high... im stil starin at the bike and the biker is really close now... finally this guy decides to take right and i go forward and in the last moment i go back...the bike was too close for comfort and the biker a hatta katta middle aged angry looking individual with a female and 2 (of his???(cant b sure u kno...)) kids behind him.. he swerves and im saved and he doesn fall... i run forward like a wind(even thats a song i've heard somewhere)...in front of screeching cars.. shocked bystanders...all the way till my flat..
i was a nervous wreck... i realized that i didn actually realiz how nervous i was until i'd stopped..and i'd a fleetin fear that the biker was after me...
anyways the runnin helped..i convinced myself that my heartbeat sounded unusually loud becuz of my first 250m dash in my entire life...(cursin myself for not timin it..might've reachd Indian record.. (is there somethin called 250 m dash???))....
that moment i decided...if i cant cross a road when im high, how can i drive(which i generally suck at...split second decisions not my speciality...actually i can always manage, for the worse)...

that was the moment i decided not to buy a bike....


Afterthought: decisions made in an inebriated state are liable to change without notice…

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa !!! nice to see u bloggin :) is that a pic that was taken in an inebriated state ? :D

Keep blogging :)

I'm done... said...

well yea... that was an extremely wasted state!!!

Unknown said...

nice. inconsistency between indicator side and your interpretation but guess that's pardonable.

I'm done... said...

thats rite... u forget the state of meself when this incident happend!!!:P

Anphy said...

u still have this t-shirt??

I'm done... said...

well good question... i think its a rhetorical question... shd i answer that???

Anphy said...

NO :)
the foto answers.
just that it was the first thing i noticed

I'm done... said...

heheh
didn kno my t-shirts were this famous....
gotta update my wardrobe....

'MYTH'un said...

hey i guess u hav a habit a putting riders in trouble t was jus bout a month back that u jumped in front m bike causing me to swerve, swear and then wave near the dairy circle flyover..
i m sure u wud hv learned the golden rule of crosssin the road: look to the left first then to the rit nd again to the left but wat it dsnt tel u is that u hav to look for vehicles nd not jus look ..
guess u shud wrk hard on it
gd luck mate

I'm done... said...

@MYTH: i did that??? i don remember.... (as usual!!!)

Bullshee said...

well well....see the man into the fray!!!

Aslam A has finally started puttin his words onto paper....now we get to go to places no other man has gone before...all those freaky trips!! awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!